[iRail] iMarkt - 1st of October - mark your calendars

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:38:51 UTC 2011

Hi list, and especially people from Ghent,

The 1st of October Ghent is organizing an iMarkt. This is an event on
the Korenmarkt and Sint Niklaaskerk where communities can show what
being digital in Ghent means. For instance, there will be a boot about
Ghent in 3D. There will also be a boot about the Hackerspace and they
will do a something with Qr codes.

For us this is an ideal moment to connect with the not-so-geeky people,
aka, maybe our real users. I would like to set up a boot where we give
away some free merchandising like (iRail-ninja) stickers (we should make
new ones). In the boot itself there should be some people who are
willing to show a little about what they are doing and maybe you have
creative ideas yourself. I want to have some panels describing our
activities and some demos. For instance, we could set up #stationbattle
on a tablet device, or show BeLaws.iRail.be, or show pictures of Apps
For Ghent, etc. Maybe, for the first of October, we even get some De
Lijn apps done. Dieter Deforce, not yet on the mailinglist but in CC, is
working on an interface so that De Lijn would be easily to integrate in
the iRail API. Maybe we can announce some mobile clients for De Lijn for
Ghent then?

Tim Besard told me he still has to check his schedule but he might make
some time for this eventually. Are there other people from Ghent who are
willing to do something?

I, sadly, will not be able to be there the entire day.

Best regards,

Pieter

--
iRail vzw/asbl