[iRail] API Issue with Rhode Saint genese in connection & Liveboard

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:05:14 UTC 2011

Hi Christophe,

I'm sorry to notice that it's not easy to fix this. Since you are not
adding a language parameter, we have to guess the language inside the
API. We do this by sending the name to the NMBS and by asking what they
think of it. They try to return the best option as possible.

If you try this: http://api.irail.be/liveboard/?station=sint%20genesius%
20rode&lang=nl

or http://api.irail.be/liveboard/?station=saint%20rhode%20genese&lang=fr

It works like a charm.

If you want you can add a hardfix to the API by changing it in the
php-code but I think it's better to always add a language parameter?

Yours sincerely,

Pieter

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 11:27 +0200, Christophe Versieux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I already reported an issue with Rhode saint genese liveboard:
> http://api.irail.be/liveboard/?station=rhode%20saint%20genese
> That returns results from "De Hoek"
>
> Seem that the connection is also broken for this city!
>
> http://api.irail.be/connections/?to=rhode%20saint%
> 20genese&from=tournai
> <error code="502">
> Could not get data. Please report this problem to iRail at list.iRail.be.