[iRail] The DataTank v1.0 & data.iRail.be

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:59:39 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is the big release of The DataTank. 5 months of hard work have
passed quickly. 5 months is how long we* have been working on The
DataTank now. Starting tomorrow, it's your turn!

First of all, what does The DataTank mean to iRail?

1. For iRail this is the new back-end for http://data.iRail.be. The new
API will be rethought from scratch. Starting tomorrow, we'll work
together at http://github.com/iRail/iRail to create a new API supporting
more than just the Belgian railway. Anyone with any PHP knowledge is
welcome to help out!

2. Write your own scrapers in no time! Tomorrow we'll release a how to
which teaches you how you can add your resource to data.iRail.be.
Quentin already did a great job coding iWay. Let's add a ton of data sets!

Check this website: http://thedatatank.org - we are still working on the
documentation though

*We = Miel Vander Sande, Jan Vansteenlandt, Jens Segers, Lieven Janssen,
Pieter Colpaert, and many others. Thanks to everyone for making this happen!

Kind regards,

Pieter

--
iRail vzw/asbl