[iRail] [new API] Long live alpha!

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:55:37 UTC 2011

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your nice words!

.about is a content negotiator (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_negotiation). This means it will
check the HTTP Accept header to decide on the format to return the data
in. Your browser will prefer html, therefore a var_dump of the php
object is returned. If you don't want to use the HTTP Accept header
(which most sane people won't ;) ) you can just add the name of the
format instead of .about, as Tim mentioned.

You can check the currently installed formatters over here:

http://data.irail.be/TDTInfo/Formatters.about

Kind regards,

Pieter