[iRail] Fast API flag

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:53:33 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I guess you've noticed. We have a lot of trouble with the API lately due
to some changes in both HAFAS and railtime. We did some quick fixes but
a lot of station-mappings to our database are broken. Therefore we
implemented a much slower algorithm which provides better (but not
perfect) results. If you don't need the location and id in a station tag
however, I've now implement the flag "fast". You can try it on our
normal API and it is now implemented for liveboard. I will implement it
for the other calls as well.

For instance:

http://api.irail.be/liveboard/?station=gent-sint-pieters&lang=nl&fast=true

Will be much faster and correcter than without the fast tag. It will
however not show the coordinates of the station, nor will it return the
id.

Soon for vehicle and connections as well.

Pieter

--
iRail vzw/asbl
+32 (0) 486/747122