[iRail] One week without iRail

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 23:33:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have just a couple more hours to actually catch some sleep so here is
my commit which makes use of a different system than railtime. The
different system is the system behind a Nokia app of NMBS which I
checked with wireshark.

http://dev-api.irail.be/liveboard/?station=Brussels%20south&time=1230

It's kind of slow since for every station it will do an extra request to
HAFAS to check if it really is that station (double check). It's quite
redundant and I will make it faster soon.

You can check my commit here:

https://github.com/iRail/iRail/commit/eac909826ce1502a291668f4110c3fcd2566d381

If Yeri can be so kind to push it to the production API, that would be
very nice :)

Greetings,

Pieter

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 22:28 +0200, Ludovic Gasc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll fix the liveboard issue tomorrow morning.
>
> Can you give a list about the other issues in irail for the betrains
> application?
>
> Yours.
>
> On Sep 2, 2011 10:13 PM, "C. Versieux" <christophe.versieux at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > 8 thousands of BeTrains users have no Liveboards or vehicle
> information
> > since 6 days.
> >
> > Not a problem for me because I will work on Sunday for a scrapping
> railtime
> > update, but I would like to have iRail as my data provider.
> >
> > Ludovic and Quentin made an awesome job to improve iRail but that's
> now a
> > broken API, that's a fact.
> >
> > As you know me, I am a very strong iRail enthusiast and board
> member, but I
> > need to know what I'll do on Sunday.
> >
> > Just have a look on twitter, G+, and Android Market, you will
> understand
> > that I need a quick fix.
> >
> > I understand that you need to party after examinations and work, but
> an ETA
> > for a fix would be welcome.
> >
> > Please keep in mind that you are all awesome. But one week without
> data is
> > too much when you have to satisfy so many people.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Christophe.
> > IRail board member
> > IRail enthusiast