[iRail] UK railway data

Yeri Tiete yeri at flatturtle.com
Tue Aug 21 16:53:10 UTC 2012

Cool. You're my hero.

De Lijn is about 1Gb of data as well if I'm not mistaken, and importing it takes about 2 hours.
If we can wget those 2Gb once per week and import it at night, that'd be great. (*)

How much data does it hold by the way? I didn't really check it in detail.
All of Great Britain? Just UK? What about London underground?

That 5Mb archive holding updates, what does it actually contain?

(*) This brings me to another thing though: to prevent inconsistent/duplicate data, we drop both De Lijn & STIB schema and recreate/reimport everything.
Dropping just the data takes significantly longer.
However, this brings a problem that, if anyone would request the data at that period of time, the database would be empty. Do you have a solution/idea for this?
This is something Maarten Cautreels worked on.

Thanks again!

--
Kind regards,
Yeri Tiete