[iRail] liveboards arrival time messed up

Tim Besard tim.besard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:11:13 UTC 2012

Oh yeah now I get what you mean. AFAIK it might very well be possible
that RailTime (Infrabel) offers different, more accurate information
than Hafas (NMBS) does; there tend to be subtle differences between
both datasources all the time.

However, it is possible that the Hafas API offers an option to query
for actual arrival times, and not just the "boardType" one (which is
what we are using now [0]). The query in aforementioned source file is
reconstructed from snooping the network traffic one of the official
apps generate (the Symbian one IIRC), so could you check if one of the
apps directly using Hafas offer accurate departure/arrival times, and
if so have a look at the query options it uses?

0: https://github.com/iRail/iRail/blob/thedatatank/custom/packages/NMBS/Liveboard.class.php#L38
Note that this is the new API (I can't seem to find the source code of
the old one, has the master branch been overwritten?) but the concept
is the same.

Tim