[iRail] Vehicle registrations in Belgium

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 11:58:34 UTC 2015

Hi Pieter

On 23 Mar 2015, at 09:42, Pieter Colpaert <pieter at iRail.be> wrote:

> I don't know if this is of interest to you, hence the question: is someone interested in a dataset on vehicle registrations? It's now available as open data over here:
>
> http://mobilit.belgium.be/nl/publicaties/open_data/
>
> I've heard they're not really enthusiastic about this: they claim there in't a lot of interest for this kind of data and that no one is going to reuse it. Can we provide them with some kind of feedback which would maximise reuse, or can we show them a good use of the data?

It’s not something that directly interests me, but there’s a website at https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ <https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/> which uses data from https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/vehicles-statistics <https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/vehicles-statistics> which may be a useful “Look what somebody else has done”.

Peter