[iRail] Open Data in Paris - Help needed !

Jean-Baptiste Casaux jb at citymapper.com
Sun Apr 10 16:42:58 UTC 2016

Hi Pieter and all iRail folks,

As incredible as it may sound we're witnessing attempts from the Paris
transport agency to prevent us from showing real time data to our users

We've decided to be transparent on what was going on and have explained the
situation (in French) here
https://content.citymapper.com/i/1208/la-ratp-empeche-lacces-aux-informations-en-temps-reel

We've also launched a petition yesterday at
https://www.change.org/p/anne-hidalgo-je-demande-l-ouverture-des-donn%C3%A9es-de-la-ratp

We got over 5 000 signatures in the first 24h and tremendous support on
social networks. This is great but we'll need to sustain the effort over
several weeks to win, so it'd be great if you could all you can to spread
the news in Europe to help us win ! [especially in French speaking Belgium
as everything is happening in French]

Thanks a ton
JB

--