[iRail] iRail API now exceeds 1 million requests per day

Pieter Colpaert pieter at iRail.be
Fri Mar 16 13:44:02 UTC 2018

Hi iRail and Open Knowlegde Belgium enthusiasts,

Today we’re proud to announced that the iRail API, after the project
started 10 years ago, now attracts more than 1 million requests per day.
When we started the project we could have never imagined it would
actually still be this alive and kicking. It’s an open data success we
can share with SNCB :)

We’ve blogged about it here, also elaborating on how we will continue
hosting these cost-efficiently (Open Knowledge Belgium is paying for
these servers):
https://hello.irail.be/2018/03/16/one-million-daily-requests-where-do-they-come-from-and-how-well-cope-with-them/

Kind regards,

Pieter (and Bert who wrote the blog post)

--
+32486747122