[kforge-dev] beta site up: knowledgeforge.net

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftwarefoundation.org
Tue Nov 1 11:22:25 UTC 2005

Just to say that I've fixed this KForge bug now.

KForge is now using sqlobject.converters.sqlrepr to escape search input
before it is made into an SQL expression.

Also, the search string is also HTML character encoded before
initialising the form (so using a " in the query doesn't truncate the
string).

Also, the search terms are now taken as space separated terms (but there
isn't any other syntax).

Also, the search now uses a number of attributes of the domain object.
So searching for people searches unixname and realname, and searching
for projects uses unixname and title. And it's easy to change.

I've committed this code this morning. Yesterday, kforge.net was down
(for me).

Best, John.

PS Nick: I heard some of your posts didn't get through to the list...
Please could you repost them?