[kforge-dev] ckan, how it might happen

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:10:33 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:

> Saul is actually threatening to make a moinmoin-style set of templates
> for it. And that does seem a little crazy, and it would be nice to
> have a very extensible metadata store which can be a plugin to a wiki
> working over HTTP, as i think Rufus was suggesting. I've done this
> with a previous, perl-based, rdf/xml restful http interface and a
> plugin for the CGI::Wiki module, it worked out pretty well. You can
> match for wiki page names, for example, on name-type properties of
> objects in the RDF data store. Using that with a vocabulary like DOAP,
> Description Of A Project ( http://usefulinc.com/doap ) designed for
> software projects but very applicable to data / information projects
> in general, augmented with Dublin Core.

Seems like there's some overlap with Rx4RDF, which already does the
wiki with rdf-based metadata store thing.
http://rx4rdf.liminalzone.org/

Perhaps there's an opportunity for collaboration there.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"Isn't a state that keeps files on innocent persons a police state?"
-- David Mery - Innocent In London http://gizmonaut.net/bits/suspect.html
 Radio Interview with David Mery
http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/09/6963.php