[kforge-dev] naming for events/event handlers

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 16 15:26:47 UTC 2005

Kforge uses a centralized event notification system driven of
kforge.plugin.PluginController. John who designed the system intends to
post more about this to the list soon but in the mean time i wanted to
raise the issue naming for method event handlers (which in turn is
naming for events themselves). For example currently we have:

   onNewService
   onDeleteService

1. would it better to have  'create' rather than 'new' (note we also
have things like onNewProject, onApproveProject, onDeleteProject)

2. Should we have (as currently)

   on<DomainObject><Action>

or

   on<Action><DomainObject>

3. should we have more temporal qualifiers such as 'after' and 'before'

~rufus