[kforge-dev] Logging in

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftwarefoundation.org
Sun Jan 29 23:58:52 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

You're right. There is a problem with your system. I tried login after
registering, and it told me my password was wrong, when it wasn't! I
haven't seen kforge do that before.

If you checked out the kforge source in the last few days, you may have
got a broken version because there have been a lot of changes committed
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. For a small number of brief moments over
this last weeked, the latest version in the repository was, in one sense
or another, a broken system. The access control system has been almost
entirely rewritten, so you might have some bug that arrose whilst the
changes were being integrated.

Of there might be a more curious problem! :-)

So, I suggest firstly checking out the current latest source (r712) and
reinstalling. I've just checked that registration and login really does
work. Also, the user code is tested regularly, and has been for some
time. I really don't think registration/login has ever been broken since
it was written.

Update, and let me know what happens?

With best wishes,

John.

PS I noticed you wrote a proper regular expression for checking emails?
What did you write??