[kforge-dev] [Fwd: KForge: single hostname]

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Fri Aug 10 21:23:33 UTC 2007

Sorry, forgot to CC the lists earlier.

J.

-------- Original Message --------

Dear Christopher,

Just a note to say thanks again for initiating the single hostname feature.

We took your patch as the basis, but did a few other things as well to
make all of KForge work off the same hostname.

One related new feature is the uri_prefix configuration variable, which
will allow KForge to be served from a location other than / on your
single hostname.

I hope you can now tell your boss that your contribution was
appreciated, accepted, and extended. It will be available when KForge
0.13 is released.

If you would like to help us to test KForge 0.13 beta, then please
either run the Provide installer, and then run the newly installed
provide-kforge-0.13b1 script. The Provide installer is here:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/provide-provide-0.2b1

or download KForge and install manually:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/kforge-0.13b1.tar.gz

Would be very interested in your feedback. Hope all's well.

Best wishes,

John.

PS We still didn't do per-service permissions. We could start a
discussion about that if you're still interested.

--
Appropriate Software Foundation
Registered in England and Wales