[kforge-dev] question about GIT - could you please forward it to dev list?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Mon Jul 20 14:45:13 UTC 2009

Hi Kārlis, Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your messages!

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Kārlis Repsons<karlis.repsons at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In short, I would like to try out KForge, but for that to become interesting,
>> I lack git support! There is a git plugin for trac [1]. Can it be
>> incorporated with KForge's trac and are there any problems or deficiencies
>> for the rest of existing KForge setup, if git support is added that way? Can
>> I expect it to be done at some point in a near future?
>>
>> [1] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/GitPlugin
>
> Hi Kārlis,
>
> Many thanks for your email! I'm not sure about our plans vis a vis the
> incorporation of git into KForge/KnowledgeForge - but I've carbon
> copied your message to the kforge-dev list:

> Rufus, John: what are your thoughts about incorporating Git? Is this
> something you've thought about?

Yes, it's a good request! Just created a ticket here:
http://www.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/ticket/71

  Is there anywhere to place requests of
> this nature?

Firstly, there is the KForge Club service desk:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/KForgeClub.html

Alternatively, issues can be raised on the kforge-users list, on the
kforge-dev list, and directly to Rufus or me.

Best wishes,

John.