[kforge-user] 10Gb repository

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Aug 2 12:12:43 UTC 2005

Francis Irving wrote:
> How much knowledge can I store on KForge?
>
> We'd like to start keeping out parliament XML files in a repository,
> so we don't lose them (and for various technical advantages to do
> with allocation of unique ids).
>
> Currently we have 2.7Gb of data.  Soon this will at least double for
> the House of Lords.  So realistically we are talking 10Gb order of
> magnitude repository, which will grow at about that rate every 5
> years.  And grow up in other jumps when we add committees and things.
>
> - Does kforge have the disk space?

Yes currently. Should we exhaust this (and with a few more requests like
this we might ;)) we will look to a) get more servers b) ask for
donations of space/money :)

> - Will Subversion work OK with this?  (I'd be more comfortable with an
>   FSFS repository for it - what version are you running at the
>   moment?)

All kforge svn repositories are already fsfs. According to svn
developers svn will support any size of file~[1]

> - Is this the kind of thing you want kforge used for?

Yes. I think this is exactly what it should be used for.

Regards,

Rufus

[1] http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-11/1038.shtml