[kforge-user] What services should be implemented first

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 22 08:29:56 UTC 2005

Dear All,

The new kforge system (i.e. not the gforge fork currently running
kforge.net) only has one running service beyond the basic users and
projects core, namely subversion.

We plan to start implementing other services now and I wanted to ask
what people thought would be most useful. The main candiates are:

wiki
   * moinmoin
bugtracker
   * roundup
   * trac (wiki as well + tight subversion integration)

Please add other suggestions. You might also want to check out the
summary wiki page at: http://www.okfn.org/kforge/wiki/SoftwareAvailable.

I it is likely that the wiki will be implemented in any case as it is
such a core piece of software. However we are undecided about what
tracker software would be most useful so we are asking for your
feedback. In particular if you have experience with particular trackers
both in installation and use that would be very useful to know.

~rufus