[kforge-user] Urgent Help Needed: Registry error brought my site down

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Dec 12 10:46:26 UTC 2007

Dear Mike,

Sorry to not reply earlier but your email didn't seem to come through in
the normal way for some reason ...

Mike Crowe wrote:

>   KforgeRegistryKeyError at /admin/model/
>

>     No Person called 'visitor' found: Can't find Person record with
>     params () {'state': <State 2 name='active'>, 'name': 'visitor'}.
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Not sure how I caused this, because it seems to be very intermittent.
 >
> However, now I'm completely locked out, and don't know how to proceed.
> Is there a way I can quickly correct?

You should try using the shell access and check that you have got a
person called visitor on your system (perhaps it got deleted in some
way). Details on using the shell are in:

docs/cli_shell.txt

<http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/svn/trunk/docs/cli_shell.txt>

~rufus