[kforge-user] svnadmin: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers'

Gunnar Johansson info at gunnar-johansson.se
Sun Feb 11 23:14:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

First, thanks for what seems to be a very nice system. We have used
trac+svn for more than a year now, and I have searched for some kind
of layer around this so our group can manage projects and repositories
by themselves. KForge seems to be a very close match! If I can get
around my issues that is..

So, when trying to add the svn service I get the following:

==============
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-0.95.1-py2.5.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py"
in get_response
  74. response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kforge/django/apps/kui/views/service.py"
in create
  161. return view.getResponse()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kforge/plugin/svn.py" in
onServiceCreate
  22. self.utils.createRepository(path)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/kforge/plugin/svn.py" in
createRepository
  121. raise Exception('svnadmin create error on %s: %s' % (cmd, output))

  Exception at /project/testing/services/create/
  svnadmin create error on svnadmin create
/home/kforge/project_data/testing/svn/12: svnadmin: Can't open file
'/root/.subversion/servers': Permission denied
==============

Do you know why svnadmin tries to grab settings from /root ? I run the
httpd as user apache. I've verified all permissions and the folder
/home/kforge/project_data/testing/svn/12 is created.

My guess is that the apache user is assigned /root as "home" when
executing the command through python, but I don't know too much about
python.. Any way to circumvent this, or test if this is the problem?

Also, there are some problems with how the trac version number is
parsed. We run trac 0.11 (dev) which actually is < 0.8 when parsed as
float.  But more about that later, now my first concern is to get svn
working.

Thanks for any help,
Regards,  Gunnar Johansson