[kforge-user] [0.14 enhancement] Trac configuration file

Nicolas Steinmetz nsteinmetz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:51:37 UTC 2007

Gunnar Johansson a écrit :

> Finally, I agree with Rufus in that this is not really a KForge related
> issue, it has to do with Trac management..  But maybe some KForge admins
> find these hints interesting.

Honnestly I see kforge as a nice frontend to command line and I think
that one of kforge's goal is to facilitate the project management.

If some *basic* configuration files need to be edited through ssh or
webdav, it means I have to give some access on my box (for ssh) that I
do not want to. If also I'm forced to use the command line for basic
options, then what's the value of kforge ? (sounds harsh sorry...).

Before moving to kforge, I used independant instance of trac and I was
fed up with deploying and settings instance each time I needed. When I
discovered Kforge, I find it was worth investing in it as it would solve
part of my problems (at least for deploying trac instance).

I agree that for some permissions or some trac settings, it should be
set up through trac-admin command or TracAdmin plugin. But I think that
the basic settings I ask for are really basic ones. It's non sense that
kforge deploy an instance without setting the right urls in
configuration file.

If you do not want to handle this issue, maybe an acceptable solution is
to provide these plugins within kforge distribution.

--
Nicolas Steinmetz - http://www.unelectronlibre.info/