[kforge-user] kforge-0.13 installation issues

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Mon Sep 10 11:01:14 UTC 2007

Gunnar Johansson wrote:
> 8 sep 2007 kl. 23.23 skrev Nicolas Steinmetz:
>
>> Question, can we delete the .egg once we unzip the directory ? (I'm
>> not yet very familar with all python stuff)
>
> I tried this, and it broke the kforge-admin shell command.  Maybe
> someone knows why this is, my python knowledge is far too limited?

My hatching code [1] doesn't delete the egg. But if you do that, you'll
probably need to remove mention of the egg in the setuptools file
'easy-install.pth'. Removing the egg isn't strictly necessary, but
probably attains a superior position, as everything will then use the
same code (otherwise somebody could patch the deployed code and get
inconsistent results....).

John.

[1] http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/kforge-user/2007-August/000141.html