[kforge-user] Deleting services/projects bug?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Mon Sep 10 12:30:23 UTC 2007

Gunnar Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It appears that deletion of services and projects doesn't delete the
> actual files and directories - is this a bug?

No, not a bug. The files /are/ removed when the domain objects are 'purged'.

Otherwise, the entity is considered to be in the 'deleted' state, and
capable of receiving and responding to an undelete() message.

Deleted objects are available from the getDeleted() function on the
domain model registers, and implement the undelete() method:

 >>> registry.plugins.create('myplugin')
 >>> del(registry.plugins['myplugin'])
 >>> p = registry.plugins.getDeleted().['myplugin']
 >>> p.undelete()
 >>> registry.plugins['myplugin']

We don't have a model-wide 'empty trash bin'-type feature yet, where all
'deleted' objects would be 'purged'. But we do have 'Aggregates'
relationships in the domain model classes, so e.g. deleting a project
will delete all memberships and services:

http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/browser/trunk/src/kforge/dom/project.py
(Albeit not actually refactored to be coded with domainmodel's
'AggregatesMany' attribute class, yet.)

Best wishes,

John.