[kforge-user] Installation issue

Nicolas Steinmetz nsteinmetz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:38:53 UTC 2007

Capelle Maxime a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
>> Yes you need Apache mod-python module installed. On debian this
> package
>> is named (so should be something similar on ubuntu):
>
>> libapache2-mod-python
>
>> To install do:
>
>> $ sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-python
>
> I have already installed this module.

Check that it is activated with "a2enmod mod_python"

> And no error message during the installation process excepted some
> warning message from apache server when I reloaded it:

[...]

If your server works on port 80 only, just remove the :80 of your
virtual host configuration. If it listens on 80/443, then you may miss
to add :80 at the end of your virtual host configuration.

> Now I have the silliest question of the day. I have installed Kforge on
> a server with an IP address wich is XX.XX.XX.XX how can I do to access
> the kforge service?
>
> I suppose I need to modify the kforge.conf and rebuild the apache
> configuration.

Edit your apache configuration with something like :

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
         ServerName kforge.something.tld
         Include /path/to/your/file/kforge.conf
</VirtualHost>

and adapt your kforge.conf file :

# Domain for the KForge service.
domain_name = kforge.something.tld

and rebuild www

I do not know if kforge works with ip only and not domain name. I think
it should :-)

--
Nicolas Steinmetz - http://www.unelectronlibre.info/