[kforge-user] KForge on windows

Bruce Mills bruce.mills at au.abb.com
Fri Dec 4 03:35:33 UTC 2009

Hi --

I am trying to install KForge on a windows machine. It is unclear to me
what level of difficulty this is going to be. I do have Cygwin on it,
which helps, although I would prefer to a have a solution that does not
require this. I have had a lot of bumps in the process. The current one is
as follows:

I got the kforge-virtualenv script.

I mad the following bash script ...

cp ../setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg .

./kforge-virtualenv                          \
        --db-type mysql                      \
        --db-user root                       \
        --db-pass ICEBase                    \
        --db-name icebase                    \
        --project-data-dir  c:/icebase       \
        --service-name MyForge c:/kforge

When I ran it, it created the c:/kforge directory, and put some stuff in
it.

Then complained it could not find setup tools. I downloaded setuptools
and put it in the copy as above, and this worked -- as far as apparently
getting a setuptools element in the c:/kforge directory.

Then it said it was installing kforge (and trac), but could not find them.
So, I got the eggs from python, put them in the directory (this did not
help)
and then I unzipped them, and got a complaint about no setup file.

I did run activate, and got a command line -- but I am unclear as to what
to do with it, and there is no kforge service running, and the default URL
does not have kforge on it.

I feel that I am missing something basic here, so my appologies, but I
am in quite some need of advice here, as I need to get this installed
in the next few days.

Bruce.

Bruce Mills
ABB Australia Pty Limited
Power Generation Services
2 George Wiencke Drive
6105, Perth Airport, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 8 9273 2412
Telefax: +61 08 9273 2400
email: bruce.mills at au.abb.com