[kforge-user] git support on knowledgeforge.net

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Jan 2 19:41:33 UTC 2010

2010/1/2 Jonathan Niehof <jtniehof at gmail.com>:
> (I apologize for asking about a *service* on the list for the
> *software* underlying that service, but everything on KnowledgeForge
> directs straight back to KForge.)

No problem -- and you're right that there should be better information
on KnowledgeForge about where to ask about that service in particular
(answer: knowledgeforge-user mailing list) rather than the KForge
software in general.

> Despite the claim on the KnowledgeForge front page, I don't seem to be
> able to add a git service to my project. Has the git plugin not been
> enabled? Or does the repository need to be set up/maintained manually
> via DAV?

You had surmised correctly. KForge supports git but it hadn't been
enabled yet on Knowledgeforge. It has now been enabled on
KnowledgeForge (kforge-admin plugin git enable) though I've haven't
tested it thoroughly so let us know if you encounter problems.

Regards,

Rufus Pollock