[knowledgeforge-user] 3 questions

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 07:38:05 UTC 2010

I am a new user of knowledgeforge, but I will try to answer what I can -

On 15 August 2010 06:18, aliva <ali.vakilzade at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to create a project but before that I have a few question about
> knowledgeforge
>
> 1-
> Does it support for parked domain?

I've heard "parked domain" refer to a domain reserved for later use as
well as a fairly inactive page/site that isn't designed to do anything
except gather money from adverts. The advertising angle doesn't seem
in line with the purposes of knowledgeforge, but I can't see any major
problem with setting up a domain and not using it for a while.

Bear in mind that the domain name will look like
http://knowledgeforge.net/mythings - I'm not certain but I don't think
knowledgeforge do domain registration, but it should be
straightforward to register a different domain name (I use gandi.net)
and have it point to a knowledgeforge site, e.g.
http://mythings.com -> http://knowledgeforge.net/mythings

(I've got a similar setup from my own server elsewhere, so that
hyperdata.org/wiki actually goes to knowledgeforge.net/gradino/wiki -
I did have my own Trac installation but web spiders kept bringing it
down, so thank you knowledgeforge!)

> 2-
> I live in Iran maybe you know we are banned from visiting some site
> I don't ask 'you will ban me or not' but if so,what will happen to my
> project? will you remove it?

I'm fairly confident that just because a project site was banned in
Iran it wouldn't be removed for viewing in the rest of the world. (Are
they likely to ban a site for a software project?)

> 3-
> I have never used 'Trac'.
> Can I use it as a bug tracker?

Yes, as well as the Wiki part (which is good for documentation) it has
a ticket system, and tickets may be bug reports. What's also very nice
is the subversion integration, so that the source code of your project
can be viewed from within Trac.

Cheers,
Danny.

--