[public-lod2] Monnet Challenge - Publishing Language Resources as Linked Data
jmccrae at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Aug 6 12:54:07 UTC 2012
Apologies for cross-posting:
The Monnet Project (http://www.monnet-project.eu/**) is offering the
following bounties for the conversion of existing linguistic resources into
*linked data*, in particular focussing on the
*lemon* model (http://www.lemon-model.net). The results of which will be
presented at the Workshop on Multilingual Linked Data for Open Enterprise (
the 25th September in Leipzig, Germany.
**Bounties are 600, 400, 200, 100, 50 Euros** .
We are targeting the following resources:
- Mapping of a resource containing semantic roles to RDF and/or lemon.
Resources such as FrameNet or VerbNet are here considered to be of
- Conversion of existing resources in standard formats to RDF and/or
lemon. In particular, we would be keen to see the conversion of a resource
in LMF (http://www.lexicalmarkupframework.org/) into lemon.
- Creation of lemon lexica for existing Semantic Web ontologies
- Extension of DBpedia's Wiktionary (http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Wiktionary)
mapping, in particular in the following ways:
- Extension of the wrapper templates to new language versions of
- Better extraction of morphological information from the Wiktionary
pages, in particular extraction of irregular noun plurals, verb forms and
Prizes will be awarded based on the following criteria:
* Number of triples (relative to other submissions). Emphasis is of course
on number of triples containing a URI from lemon.
* Expressiveness and quality of lemon used (How many properties and classes
of lemon are you using? Are you using them correctly?)
* Impact (Is the data set you converted important and central to our cause?
We also rate data sets for less-spoken languages higher, because of the
* Note that you can convert and submit more than one data set. You will be
rated for the combined data you converted (so each person can only make one
* You will be given extra points if you publish converted data early and
other people build upon your work (e.g. fix errors).
* All submissions will be considered for inclusion in the data
Submission will end 10 days before the workshop, so the deadline is *September
13th, 2012, *please submit approximately 2-4 pages documenting your
resource to jmccrae -AT- cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de. In addition your data
should be registered at http://thedatahub.org/.
Detailed information on how to submit can be found on the Monnet Challenge
AG Semantic Computing, Cognitive Interaction Technology - Centre of
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the lod2