[public-lod2] Monnet Challenge - Publishing Language Resources as Linked Data

John McCrae jmccrae at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Aug 6 12:54:07 UTC 2012

Apologies for cross-posting:

The Monnet Project (http://www.monnet-project.eu/**) is offering the
following bounties for the conversion of existing linguistic resources into
*linked data*, in particular focussing on the
*lemon* model (http://www.lemon-model.net). The results of which will be
presented at the Workshop on Multilingual Linked Data for Open Enterprise (
http://sabre2012.infai.org/mlode) on
the 25th September in Leipzig, Germany.

**Bounties are 600, 400, 200, 100, 50 Euros** .

We are targeting the following resources:

   - Mapping of a resource containing semantic roles to RDF and/or lemon.
   Resources such as FrameNet or VerbNet are here considered to be of
   particular importance
   - Conversion of existing resources in standard formats to RDF and/or
   lemon. In particular, we would be keen to see the conversion of a resource
   in LMF (http://www.lexicalmarkupframework.org/) into lemon.
   - Creation of lemon lexica for existing Semantic Web ontologies
   - Extension of DBpedia's Wiktionary (http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Wiktionary)
   mapping, in particular in the following ways:
      - Extension of the wrapper templates to new language versions of
      Wiktionary.
      - Better extraction of morphological information from the Wiktionary
      pages, in particular extraction of irregular noun plurals, verb forms and
      adjectival forms.

Prizes will be awarded based on the following criteria:

Core criteria:
* Number of triples (relative to other submissions). Emphasis is of course
on number of triples containing a URI from lemon.
* Expressiveness and quality of lemon used (How many properties and classes
of lemon are you using? Are you using them correctly?)
* Impact (Is the data set you converted important and central to our cause?
We also rate data sets for less-spoken languages higher, because of the
rarity effect.)

Additional criteria:
* Note that you can convert and submit more than one data set. You will be
rated for the combined data you converted (so each person can only make one
submission).
* You will be given extra points if you publish converted data early and
other people build upon your work (e.g. fix errors).
* All submissions will be considered for inclusion in the data
post-proceedings.

Submission will end 10 days before the workshop, so the deadline is *September
13th, 2012, *please submit approximately 2-4 pages documenting your
resource to jmccrae -AT- cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de. In addition your data
should be registered at http://thedatahub.org/.

Detailed information on how to submit can be found on the Monnet Challenge
page:
http://sabre2012.infai.org/**mlode/monnet-challenge<http://sabre2012.infai.org/mlode/monnet-challenge>

Regards,
John McCrae
AG Semantic Computing, Cognitive Interaction Technology - Centre of
Excellence
Bielefeld University