[public-lod2] Leipziger Semantic Web Tag - Von Big Data zu Smart Data - 23/24.9. 2013

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Sep 13 12:34:58 UTC 2013

Dear all,
below you can find the call for participation to our group event in
Leipzig, Germany. Quite a few presentations will be in German, so the
ROI is smaller for non-English speaking participants. On the second day
there is an English tutorial session about NIF (90 min) and Relation
Extraction / Opinion Mining.

We translated the call for participation below for you

All the best,
Sebastian

----

Dear colleagues,

our annual event, the Leipziger Semantic Web Tag is approaching and we
want to to point out the program we curated with the help of our
partners at brox.
http://aksw.org/lswt

Please spread the word. While most of the talks will be in German, you
will know some fellow researchers or students who are interested in
LSWT. The online registration will be closing at Monday, so make haste.

Our core day (Monday, 23.09.) will be  started by a keynote by Hans
Uszkoreit  about "Big Data and Text Analytics".
http://aksw.org/Events/2013/LeipzigerSemanticWebTag/Keynote

Subsequently we'll start with a well blended selection of talks of both
cutting-edge research and industrial application.
A detailed list of the talks can be found at the end of this mail.
http://aksw.org/Events/2013/LeipzigerSemanticWebTag/Kerntag

Finally, with the MinuteMadness we give a fast-paced introduction into a
multitude of projects and ideas.
Contributions are still welcome!
http://aksw.org/Events/2013/LeipzigerSemanticWebTag/MinuteMadness

For Tuesday (24.09.) we prepared together with our partners from brox
and DFKI two tutorial tracks to cater for both beginners and advanced
Semantic Web practitioners.

In our first track well introduce the basic ideas and concepts of
Semantic Web technologies and give as well a hands on.

The second track aims at more experienced users who want to close the
gap between natural language and structured data.

More detailed information is available at our website:
http://aksw.org/Events/2013/LeipzigerSemanticWebTag/Tutorien.html

See you at LSWT,

Jörg and Sebastian

Talks on Monday (23.09.)
***************************

Martin Voigt (TU Dresden): "Topic/S"

Dr. Mario Lenz (Empolis): "Business Intelligence auf Text - Smart
Information Management erschließt Big Data"

Dr. Irene Teich (Konrad Zuse Akademie Hoyerswerda): "Assoziative
Wissensrecherche"

Andreas Küster (Datameer GmbH): "Datameer 3.0 Smart Analytics"

Marcel Fröhlich (brox GmbH): "eLDS"

Daniel Hladky (Ontos AG): "LinkEASY"

Katja Eck (Wolters Kluwer): "Linked Open Data bei Wolters Kluwer
Deutschland"

Dr. Andreas Both (Unister GmbH): "Semantische Technologien bei Unister"

Christian Hentschel (Hasso-Plattner-Institut): "Beyond detection of
cows: Semantic and visual analysis of Flickr photos"

Alexander Siebert (Retresco): "Semantik, Big Data, Automatismen: Wird
der Redakteur überflüssig?"

Magnus Knuth (Hasso-Plattner-Institut): "PatchR - A Vocabulary for
Linked Data Change Requests"

Jochen Schon (Fraunhofer IAIS):  "IAIS-Cortex für die Deutschen
Digitalen Bibliothek"

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann
Events: