[MyData & Open Data] Open Data for Privacy

Mathieu d'Aquin m.daquin at open.ac.uk
Mon Jun 17 20:39:42 UTC 2013

Dear Reuben,

Thanks for sending this. Having been looking into some similar issues
for a while (focusing more on semantic technologies/linked data, etc.),
it is nice to see the idea of "open data for privacy" being promoted in
this way. The digital footprint concept is certainly something I see as
very relevant, and I would be very interested in exchanging ideas on
tools/technologies to support the visualisation/management of one's
digital footprint.

I hope we can find an opportunity to discuss this at some point. I copy
a couple of pointers below in case you are interested.

Best Regards,
Mathieu.

The upcoming "Privacy in Semantic Technologies" workshop:
http://events.kmi.open.ac.uk/priset-2013/ and the corresponding surveys:
http://events.kmi.open.ac.uk/priset-2013/programme/
A report we wrote on "Consumer Activity Data" -
http://kmi.open.ac.uk/publications/techreport/kmi-12-03
A position paper at the W3C workshop on user tracking and privacy on
"self tracking": http://oro.open.ac.uk/29299/
and a couple of other papers on semantic technologies to support
something similar to your "digital footprint" concept:
http://oro.open.ac.uk/29914/
http://oro.open.ac.uk/24325/