[MyData & Open Data] Updates

Sally Deffor sally.deffor at okfn.org
Fri Sep 12 14:11:02 UTC 2014

Hi all,

The list was certainly very quiet over the holiday period. A couple of
updates from me:

1. Quite a few of you were in Berlin for OKFestival and it was great to
have some face-to-face meetings. Especially, we were able to discuss
various ongoing and proposed activities, for example on tools for consent,
etc. Mark Lizar has been emailing folks about developments which is good.
If you wish to be involved, do get in touch.

OK Finland mydata group also have various proposals under development
around  a mydata policy framework, which they will be happy to receive
feedback on. Ossi, Kai or Antti will email details once they are firmed up.

2. As some of you will recollect, earlier in the year there were proposals
for some revisions to be made to the privacy chapter in the Open Gov Guide
which Privacy International had put together. Javier has done some good
work on that over the summer, so do contact him if you want to give
feedback on that.

3. Just in case you missed it, there were a few events taking place which
were shared on the list. For example, the UK Anonymisation Network
symposium took place just yesterday. Here
<http://personal-data.okfn.org/2014/09/12/balancing-the-benefits-of-openness-with-the-risks-of-privacy/>is
a blog post summarizing the discussions.

Do continue to send news about any events, discussions etc. to the list, we
would be happy to receive them.

Sally

--

*Sally DefforOpen Data & Privacy Project Coordinator | skype:deffor.selase
<http://okfn.org/>

*Empowering through Open Knowledge**http://www.okfn.org*
<http://www.okfn.org/>* | **@okfn* <https://twitter.com/OKFN>* | **OKF on
Facebook* <http://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>* | **Blog*