[od-discuss] Open Definition telecon 15:00 UTC Thursday 2013-12-12

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Wed Dec 11 20:18:59 UTC 2013

Reminder, tomorrow! Note Rufus will provide a link for the hangout.

Mike

12th December 2013 agenda/notes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t1_2_T-PeprvkLVwum5fY-od1hecUowFwaRvuQwDLNw/edit
and current state below.

Note previous call agenda and notes are at
http://opendefinition.org/2013/10/16/notes-from-open-definition-call-october-2013/

#Logistics

* Join call at (Rufus to provide link for Google Hangout under OKFN
account, which will accommodate 15 people)
* 15:00 UTC -- 0800 California, 1600 UK ... look up yours at
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx?y=2013&mo=10&d=10&h=15&mn=0
* Calls are 2nd Thursday of even months at 1500 UTC

#Agenda

* new chair for 2014, Herb Lainchbury!
    * any brief words on agenda for 2014?

* I’d like to focus on progressing OD 2.0.
    * walk through structure of
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/source/open-definition-dev.markdown
noting consensus and points for fine tuning, or disagreement and need
for research or other next step
    * anything missing entirely that needs to be addressed?
    * next steps, volunteers...

* license review update
    * we can probably approve CC BY/BY-SA 4.0 on-list without discussion
on-call, but if anyone feels urgent need to…
    * prefer to hold off on proceeding with further discussion of AB and
BC provincial licenses, other new PSI licenses such as GeoLicence
V1.2.1-Open pending further progress on addressing license proliferation
in OD 2.0 and/or related process updates. Feel free to object...

* licenses.opendefinition.org / technical updates, eg discussion of
https://github.com/okfn/licenses/issues/30