[od-discuss] Adding link/info about OpenDefinition to relevant Wikipedia pages?

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Fri Jun 14 03:23:04 UTC 2013

Jonathan Gray wrote on Mon Apr 29 15:35:53 BST 2013:
> It would be good if any Wikipedians out there might be able to help us to
> add links and further information about the OpenDefinition to relevant
> Wikipedia pages. ;-)
>
> I guess this could include:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_license
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_license
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_content
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Content_License
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_copyright_license
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_access_(publishing)
>
> What do people think?

Should we also consider whether there are spaces in the definition's name? ;-)

Spamming Wikipedia is not a great idea, especially given few (zero?)
third party reliable sources on the definition or its role. Someone
who wants to help in this way might consider writing about it
elsewhere/encouraging other writers to do so.

File under "Other outreach/collaboration" for Friday's call.