[od-discuss] OD Proliferation Policy

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Tue Jun 18 05:15:59 UTC 2013

Per http://bit.ly/od-meeting-doc following up on this:

Enhancing the submission and review process for licenses (including
publication of results)

Add proliferation policy?
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-March/000373.html

* RP: strongly support this.
* Explicitly: duplication is a reason to be resistant to reviewing conformance.
  * Require a statement of motivation and difference when someone
submits a license
  * If they press we would not refuse to to conformance
* Specific category of “recommended” licenses (versus non-recommended)
* ML: cf opensource.org process
* ACTION: [ML] ping back to Kent on list

There are actually two things here
* Tweaking http://opendefinition.org/licenses/process/ to emphasize
explanation of motivation and why another license needed; relatively
easy -- any suggested edits?
* Tweaking http://opendefinition.org/licenses/ to recategorize and
recommend some licenses over others (beyond the easy old/deprecated
distinction now made) -- any proposals?

Mike