[od-discuss] licenses.opendefinition.org related questions

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jun 17 09:15:03 UTC 2013

On 17 June 2013 02:01, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > * It seems a pity to not use the same short identifiers as
> > https://spdx.org/licenses/ ... and probably easier, to link to the
> > spdx page for each license.
>
> The whole exercise seems somewhat duplicative of SPDX to me, at least
> for software licenses. I would suggest that, unless there is evidence
> of significant usage of the API, that the software licenses covered by
> SPDX be removed from the coverage here.

I'm very happy on this point - the only reason for including the OSI
licenses was for API usage and easy of bulk download (these features were
used in various OKF projects but I think the use of licenses part is
reduced - if SPDX provided a simple API that would be great of course!)

So, unless anyone objects, we have an agreement to remove OSI licenses from
the licenses repo and API.

Rufus
*

*