[od-discuss] next OD AC calls

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Tue Jun 18 01:34:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Peter Suber <peter.suber at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a good plan and I see the need for regular times.
>
> Unfortunately I think I should step down from this group. I couldn't make
> the last call because of a sudden conflict, and I anticipate more and more
> conflicts as I move into my new job. Regrets. But I'm happy to lurk on this
> list if no one objects.

http://library.harvard.edu/peter-suber-direct-harvard%E2%80%99s-office-scholarly-communication

Well, congratulations!

Attending telecons is not a requirement for AC membership. I'd say the
core thing is contributing specific expertise when licenses/related
issues touch on said expertise, whether via a vote for [dis]approval,
on-list discussion, or telecon. Would be happy to keep you on the AC,
acknowledging that last is unlikely. But if you do wish to be moved to
emeritus, please let me know and do continue to lurk. :)

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> Mike, it might be useful for you to do a summary email along the lines
> of what you have been doing pre-meeting on a more regular basis than
> just the meetings - monthly or even twice monthly - to help us have
> movement in between meetings.

Sounds good, but I would not likely keep on schedule with such
summaries even if I promised to.

I think using the project issue tracker, and more regular meetings
forcing more regular agenda/summary building, will have to be progress
enough. :-/