[od-discuss] OGLv2.0 launched today [UNCLASSIFIED]

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Fri Jun 28 19:06:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Ellis, Jo <
Jo.Ellis at nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

> Version 2 of the Open Government Licence – OGLv2.0 – is now live.   The
> National Archives has also launched the OGL symbol.  The OGL symbol has
> been created so that users of UK government information to see, at a
> glance, what is covered by the OGLv2.0.****
>
> ** **
>
> Further details are available on The National Archives website at
> http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/news/855.htm.

Congratulations! I've added to http://opendefinition.org/licenses/ under a
"non-reusable" category, which is where other licenses only for direct use
by a particular entity (effectively, government, as I doubt we'd even
consider such a license from a smaller entity) and its sub-units will be
added.

While there I took the liberty of merging the conformant content and data
tables (a domain column is already very clear; this makes the page more
digestible) and moved MirOS and FDL to the "Conformant but Little Used,
Discontinued or Deprecated" table. Note the "or". :)

Corrections welcome.