[od-discuss] The benefits of Open Data – See how easy you can make a difference

Steve Reitano stevereitano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 01:17:39 UTC 2013

My name is Steve Reitano, and I am conducting a research project on the
benefits of Open Data. I am writing to request your help with my project by
asking you to complete my survey and to please share my request with your
members.
To complete the survey, please go to the following URL:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OpenDataSurvey
The purpose of this research project is to conduct a cost-benefits analysis
that will identify the advantages of an Open Data Portal. It is a
requirement for my Master’s Degree in Executive Management at Royal Roads
University.  Additional information for my final research report will also
be drawn from interviews and/or focus groups with Open Data experts from
both government and the private sector. I will be sharing my findings from
my research activities at the following URL: http://beautifuldata.ca
In addition to submitting my final report to Royal Roads University in
partial fulfillment of my degree, I will also provide it to officials from
the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat who are responsible for the
Government of Canada’s Open Data portal (data.gc.ca). It is my hope that
the report may help public organization’s make sound and informative
decisions for extending their Open Data initiatives, and hopefully create a
more cost effective, transparent, efficient and responsive government.
My credentials with Royal Roads University can be established by telephone
with Mr. Don Caplan, MBA Major Projects Manager, (250) 391-2600 ext. 4367.
Thank you
Sincerely,
--
*Steve Reitano*