[od-discuss] The Open Educational Resources Definitions

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Wed Mar 13 22:46:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> I'd be interested to see if people thought if this was broadly 'functionally
> equivalent' to OpenDefinition.org? Not clear to me which licenses are
> compliant:
>
> https://learn.canvas.net/courses/4/wiki/open-educational-resources-definitions

The article cites multiple definitions. The freedeomdefined.org one of
course is functionally equivalent to opendefinition.org.

Regarding the "4Rs" and generic OER statements also mentioned, there
is no formal compliance body, and it's rarely mentioned precisely
which licenses comply -- but when it is, NC (but not usually not ND,
except in the most canonical place http://opencontent.org/definition/
which merely characterizes ND as "less open") is among them. Passing
mention in http://opencontent.org/blog/archives/2015