[od-discuss] City of Calgary Open Data License Approval Request

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Mar 18 17:08:45 UTC 2013

+1 to all Andrew says.

One broader comment: the document may be largely fine as a ToU for a
website but that's out of scope for compliance with
http://opendefinition.org/okd

Bundling ToU with data permissions may indirectly lead to some of the
problems Andrew pointed out. One path forward would be to unbundle -- put
whatever you need to in the ToU with respect to use of the site/service,
but grant permission to use the data under a standard, already approved
license.

Mike