[od-discuss] Conformance - Open Government License - Surrey 2.0

Andrew Stott andrew.stott at dirdigeng.com
Tue Apr 21 10:52:47 UTC 2015

[subject changed to refer to 2.0]

Herb

Many thanks for drafting this.

I think that it is basically fine, but I have suggested some amendments to the Google document to:

·         Give a stronger sense of recognition that Surrey have been prepared to make the effort to seek conformance and to make changes to their original license to ensure it.

·         Explicitly mention the point that on re-publication one of the requirements of the Surrey license would be attribution, because the point of difficulty may have been a simple confusion between applying the license and applying the attribution statement to the derivative work.

·         Encourage Surrey’s participation in our group in the future.

However I do not feel strongly about any of these, so please accept or reject them at your discretion.

Regards

Andrew