[od-discuss] GGCLB_RE [d-discuss] 2_GGC LB to OKFN advisory council: Conformance check of licence "GeoLicence V1.2.1-Open (mail resent in reduced size)

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Mon Mar 16 18:51:10 UTC 2015

Thank you for the updated answers Lars.

In section 10 of the license it reads: "German law applies to this licence."

To me, that is sufficient to call it jurisdiction specific.  The fact that
it is jurisdiction specific doesn't automatically mean that it's not open,
it's just that we would want to note that it is jurisdiction specific.

You said: "Until today there is no standard for licensing in the geodata
world"
Are you saying that there is something special about geodata?  It is not
clear to me why it requires it's own kind of license.

" Licensing of products which cost a fee"
To me, It sounds like you are suggesting that the geolicense will enable
licencing of data for a fee.  Is that the case?  Or does that only apply to
the non-open version?

There is more than one license on the page provided.  One is clearly marked
as non-open so, are we talking about just this one license then?  The one
marked "open"?

http://www.geolizenz.org/modules/geolizenz/docs/1.2.1/Explanations_GeoLicenceV1.2.1_Open_082213_EN.pdf

Thanks,
Herb