[odc-discuss] Fwd: ODbL in German

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Mon Jul 6 13:10:12 UTC 2009

John Hendrik Weitzmann of CC-Germany has volunteered to do a
translation [1] of the ODbL into German. Once the first draft is in, I
hope to do some sort of comment period via this list and with directly
with German speaking contacts as part of a QA process. I know that
this news will be especially welcomed by OSM's German community.

Thanks John for working on this!

~Jordan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann at mx.uni-saarland.de>
> Date: 2 July 2009 17:28:09 BST
> To: Jordan S Hatcher <jordan at opencontentlawyer.com>
> Subject: ODbL in German
>
> Hi Jordan,
>
> we had some lengthy talks about the ODbL at the Communia Conference
> in Turin this week (especially with John Wilbanks :)
>
> Is it fine with you/the OKF guys if we make a german translation of
> the ODbL and maybe even a port?
>
> greetings,
>
> John

[1] we won't be doing ports, which are substantive changes to the
license based on a single jurisdiction's law. Instead the ODbL
operates worldwide with a single text
____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

More at: <http://www.jordanhatcher.com>