[odc-discuss] Open Database License (ODbL) v1.0 RC2 is out

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jun 15 15:44:55 UTC 2009

<http://www.opendatacommons.org/2009/06/15/open-database-license-odbl-v10-release-candidate-2-available/>

The second, and final, release candidate for the Open Database License
(ODbL) is now available at:

<http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/>

As expected there haven't been many changes from the first "Release
Candidate". The two main alterations are:

  1. Removal of section 4.7 related to reverse engineering. This may
be reintroduced in later versions but has been left out here in order
to remove any possible concerns about license compatibility on
Produced Works.
  2. Explicit statement that derivative databases used in the creation
of Publicly Available Produced Works are also subject to share-alike.

With the completion of this second round of comments we believe this
text is now in final "1.0" form. In order to allow interested
individuals and communities time to review the latest set of changes,
as well as to provide an opportunity to catch any last minute "bugs"
we are going to provide a one final, brief, comment period closing on
**Friday 19th of June at 1200GMT**. Full details on how to comment can
be found on the ODbL home page linked above.

Thanks once again to everyone who has provided comments and feedback
-- 1.0 is nearly here!

Regards,

Rufus Pollock
On behalf of the ODC Advisory Council