[odc-discuss] Process and Submitting Comments on the ODbL

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 5 14:10:18 UTC 2009

Dear All,

At the end of the long recent thread (see below) I saw mention of
drafting suggested changes (from OSM) on the OSM wiki as well as a
mechanism's for the OSM community to get a consensus on what they
want. I think these are both excellent ideas.

In fact, in general I would suggest we limit on this list, where
possible, discussion of *what* is wanted as I think such matters are
better discussed within the communities involved (with the results
reported back here). That way we can focus here on specific questions
about the license and specific suggested changes.

Obviously, such neat divisions do not always work perfectly and I am
sure there will be lots of occasions where we may need to debate here
on 'what' questions such as what type of SA is wanted. However, I
think at least at a first stage those discussions should be within the
relevant community.

Does this make sense?

Regards.

Rufus