[odc-discuss] Thanks for the comments

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Thu May 7 11:08:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 09:48:19AM +0100, Jordan S Hatcher wrote:
> Just a quick note to say thanks for the comments on the licences.
> Will be going through these few comments and supplying responses
> over
> the weekend.

I recently discovered your license.  I am developing a free network
service, where (assuming it takes off :) the value will mostly be
in the data collected.  So I was thinking I would be able to use
the european Database Rights directive to my advantage if only a
copyleft style database license existed.  The ODbL seems to be very
close to what I would like to see in such a license.

So I just wanted to say thank to all those involved in creating this
license, and now that I discovered it I am looking forward to the
next release candidate.

-- Kuno.