[odc-discuss] Thanks for the comments

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Thu May 7 16:59:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 02:49:03PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> 2009/5/7 Kuno Woudt <kuno at frob.nl>:
> Thanks Kuno it's always good hear that this is useful.
>
> By the way, if you know of any communities or people who should know
> about the license this and don't, please do let them know about it.
> The more feedback and awareness the better.

I think this would be very useful to the autonomo.us group, but they
are probably somewhat aware of your effort already.  Their Franklin
Street Statement [1] links to http://opendefinition.org/licenses,
which can eventually lead a reader to ODbL.

However, as a (mostly) US based group they may not be familiar with
the EU database rights directive.  I intend to write a short post
on their mailinglist on this topic in the next few days and point
them at the ODbL release candidate.

-- kuno.
1) http://autonomo.us/2008/07/franklin-street-statement/