[odc-discuss] naming the new license - any ideas?

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Fri Apr 23 07:49:22 UTC 2010

On 22 Apr 2010, at 12:14, Rufus Pollock wrote:

>>> Could we have ODC-By on the list :)
>>
>> I assume the intent is for "ODC Attribution" to be the full name for ODC-BY.
>> (in the same way that Creative Commons Attribution is shortened to CC-BY).
>
> You're no doubt right -- should have thought more carefully there ;)

I would shorten this to ODC-BY -- I should make this clearer.

However, I think we need to distinguish ourselves from CC a bit more and would like to avoid a naming convention that mimics the CC structure.  The ADbL (or some other structure) would help separate us from them.

Thanks!

~Jordan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM