[odc-discuss] version 1.1 of OdBL?

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 15 11:27:50 UTC 2010

dear all,

I'm looking to use the OdBL to license data from a research project.
We have visiting lawyers at EDINA and i'm planning to ask them, as well
as JISC Legal, for an opinion on OdBL for licensing research data.

It occurs to me that there may be a version 1.1 in the works.
Is this the case, will changes be significant, is there an overview?
Is now a bad time to expend lawyer brain energy on version 1.0?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33110521/Open-Data-Licensing-for-Digital-Humanities
- a quick one page trying to explain to researchers why they may like a
ShareAlike license.

http://chalice.blogs.edina.ac.uk/ - the specific project, but i hope to
get advice i can push around a lot of digital humanities projects.

cheers,

jo
--
Jo Walsh

Unlock places - http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/
phone: +44 (0)131 650 2973
skype: metazool

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.